- Maestro our beautiful boy.
- Line Breeding Dogs … Why Dog Breeding Genetics Say Not To!
- Liver Shunt in Dogs – Inherited Miniature Schnauzer Health Problems
- Girl Dog Names and Boy Dog Names Perfect for Miniature Schnauzers.
- Great dog
- Guinness Turns One!
- Happiness is a Mini Schnauzer!
- Harley aka The Stink & Roxy Girl
- Herschel the Intelligent Schnauzer
- House Training A Dog: Dog Crate Training and Dog Potty Training
- Hula and Henry
- In memory of Dutch
- In Diet Supplement for Dog – How and Why To Make Your Own
- In Home Dog Training. Dog Training Techniques, Tips and Resources.
- Miniature Schnauzer Australia. THE Place for Miniature Schnauzers Info, Supplies
- Is a schnauzer ok in a unit?
- Isn’t he lovely?
- Jasper is a Cool Surfer Dude
- Katie the card
- Keira is 6 months old!
- Lala is Naughty and Nice :)
- Latest on Basil
- Lexie – The Cleverest Schnauzer Puppy
- Life With Markus
- Genetics of Dog Breeding
- Funny Dog Videos Starring the Miniature Schnauzer!
- Funny Puppies. Funny Miniature Schnauzer Puppy Videos!
- Gemma at 2 Years Old
- Funny Dog Video Set Starring the Cleverest Miniature Schnauzers
- Funny Dog Video Clip Gallery!
- Flurry Girl Talking
- Free Basic Dog Training Tips Online Free Dog Training Information
- Fletcher’s Journey
- Fletcher & Milly
- Black Miniature Schnauzer: When Black Miniature Schnauzers Ain’t Black!
- Bonnie Girly our best friend
- Boomer’s color
- Breeding Cycle Dog Facts. The Dog Breeding Heat Cycle.
- Canine Artificial Insemination: A Dog Breeding Problems Solution
- Canine Diabetes Symptoms, Types, Prevention and Treatment
- Cataracts in Dogs
- Chase the Kibble
- Chief and Scout
- Chilli is Hot Stuff!
- Confetti Schnauzer of America | Hotchkiss Colorado
- Contact Miniature-Schnauzer-Australia.com
- Daisy and Kelsey
- Dancing Dog Video Starring Nimble Mini Schnauzers!
- Delightful Little Peppa
- Dog Breed Selection. Choosing the Right Puppy for Your Situation.
- Dog Breeding Business. Dog Breeding Guide. Dog Breeding for Beginners
- Dog Breeding Contract – at Sale and at Stud.
- Dog Breeding for Profit – Dog Breeding Guide
- Dog Breeding Gestation and the Dog Breeding Process
- Dog Breeding Guide. Dog Breeding Questions for Beginners.
- Dog Breeding Information. Dog Breeding Guide for Beginners.
- Dog Breeding Video and Information on Breeding Dog Mating
- Dog Giving Birth – Graphic Educational Whelping DVD
- Which Dog Hair Clippers are Best?
- Dog Health Nutrition. Canine Nutrition the Natural Way.
- Dog Health Problems and Solutions in the Miniature Schnauzer
- Using Dog Nail Clippers for Trimming Dog Nails
- Dog Obedience Video. Dog Training Download Video and Book Sets.
- Dog Whelping Signs: How to Recognize the Signs of Whelping.
- Drinking Problem
- Ella the Cuddly Schnauzer
- Feeding Newborn Puppies
- Big Boy Basil
- Beautiful Basil!
- Barking Dog Video Starring Miniature Schnauzers!
- Bama loves to ride
- Albi Update
- Albi the Schnauzer puppy’s first days in his new home
- A Hairy Problem!
- BARF Diet vs Commercial Dog Health Nutrition. Who is Right?
- Best Dog Breeds and Worst Dog Breeds
- Be part of Progressive Retinal Atrophy Research!
- BARF Diet for Dogs – How to Make Your Own
- Male or Female Dog? How to Choose.
- Markus at 4 months old
- Matrix from New York, USA
- Meet Sienna
- Minature Schnauzer Lovers Forum
- Mini Schnauzer History: Origins of the Miniature Schnauzer Breed.
- Mini Schnauzer Breeders – Our Team of Purebred Puppy Parents.
- Mini Schnauzer Grooming Tips for Pets
- Mini Schnauzer Pictures. Past Litters Schnauzer Puppy Pictures.
- Mini Schnauzers Stories Forum
- Miniature Schnauzer Breed Info: The Miniature Schnauzer Personality.
- Miniature Schnauzer Breeder in Perth, WA, Australia
- Miniature Schnauzer Colors. The Parti and Chocolate Schnauzer.
- Miniature Schnauzer Photos
- Miniature Schnauzer Puppies for Sale: Perth, WA, Australia
- Miniature Schnauzers. Enter the Exciting World of Mini Schnauzer Dogs!
- Misty Grace Experiencing Life
- Monty – What a joy he is!
- MY BABY SCHNAUZER BOOBOO!!!
- My Mini Schnauzer Max looking very smart!
- My mini Schnauzer
- Natural Born Killer!
- Natural Flea Killer and Home Remedy for Fleas
- Newborn Puppy Care Guide
- Normal Behavior?
- Nutrition for Your Dog: Dangers of Commercial Dog Food Nutrition.
- Oscar and Indie Update
- Oscar and Indie!
- Our little girl “Ruby”
- Our Mini Schnauzer Betsie
- Own a Colour for your Doggie and save a Child’s Life
- Pancreatitis in Dogs. Schnauzer Health Problems: Canine Pancreatitis
- Pepper’s Puppy Graduation
- Cutest Pictures of Schnauzers.
- Pippa the poser
- Playful Connie the Schnauzer Pup
- Progressive Retinal Atrophy – Schnauzer Health Problems
- Red Salt & Pepper/ Liver & Tan Standard Schauzer!
- Rescue Schnauzer’s Mama
- RIP Our Cassie
- Ruby roooooooo!
- Salt and Pepper Miniature Schnauzer Colors Explained
- Schnauzer Personality Change
- Schnauzer skin issues
- Schnauzer Bumps. Information on Schnauzer Comedone Syndrome.
- Schnauzer Gifts. Shop for Schnauzer Items here
- Schnauzer Pictures. Miniature Schnauzer Photos. Pictures of Schnauzers.
- Mini Schnauzer Puppy Pictures of Schnauzers as Babies!
- Selective Dog Breeding Information and Dog Breeding Guide
- Should We Get a Friend for Sarge?
- Shy Sophie
- Sirk Vom Stricker
- Smart Little Sally
- Sophie & Marley
- Success! Treatment for Schnauzer Bumps
- Summertime Sienna
- Sweet Phebe the Schnauzer
- Talking Dog Video Set Starring Miniature Schnauzers
- Teacup Schnauzers
- The Flintstone Family
- Timing for Dog Breeding is so Important!
- Toy Miniature Schnauzers
- Toy Schnauzer, Teacup Schnauzers or Miniature Schnauzers? Size Matters!
- Update on Sienna
- What a Difference a Haircut Can Make!
- What Could be Better than Owning A Schnauzer? Owning TWO!
- What Could be Cuter than Me?
- What is BOOMER’s color?
- Whelping Puppies. How to Midwife a Dog Giving Birth.
- White Chocolate “Flurry” Sensation
- Black to White Miniature Schnauzer Colors and All In Between!
- The White Schnauzer: When White Miniature Schnauzers Ain’t White!
- Why is my Black Schnauzer Going Chocolatey/Reddish?
- Winston’s and Baxter’s Mom from Tennessee
- Xena- the mini shnauzer
- Yoda the Schnauzer is the Apple of Our Eye
- *WP Mobile Edition (Contact)
- *WP Mobile Edition (Blog Index)
In Diet Supplement for Dog – How and Why To Make Your Own
In Diet Supplement for Dogs
How To Make Your Own
Health Dog Supplement
Today, an in diet supplement for dogs is essential to maintain good health. Here we describe how to make your own health dog supplement.
Why do we need an in diet supplement for dogs?
The quality of your pet’s life depends on what you feed it. In today’s world, responsible pet owners use a quality health dog supplement. Here’s why…
If you feed a commercial convenience diet to your dog…
Pet food manufacturing involves extensive mincing and high temperature processing.
Thereafter it is subject to extensive transportation and storage. Each step destroys essential nutrients.
Also, key nutrients, such as vitamins and trace minerals, added during manufacturing are synthetic, inorganic and man-made.
So, despite fulfilling the requirements of labeling on the container, they are too often poorly taken up or utilized by the animal.
Even the “best” processed pet foods cannot be depended upon to provide all essential nutrients for all pets simply because they are processed!
As a result, increases in chronic degenerative illness such as skin problems, allergies, diabetes and immune deficient diseases in people’s pets mirrors the same problems that have mushroomed in humans since the food chain contains more and more processed foods.
If you feed a Biologically Appropriate Raw Food or BARF diet…
Even if you are conscientiously opting for the better alternative animal health foods, this may not be sufficient.
The raw materials obtained from today’s agricultural lands are suffering declining fertility worldwide. So no matter how raw and fresh the foods that you provide are, they cannot contain more essential nutrients than the depleted soils on which they were grown.
Because of this it is almost impossible to derive enough minerals and vitamins to meet the average person’s or dog’s needs even from an “excellent” diet without supplementation.
However, the supplementation must be in the form of biologically available, natural substances. Artificial forms are often poorly assimilated by the body and of little benefit.
How to make your own in diet supplement
This natural in diet supplement for dogs allows you to boost dog health nutrition safely and according to need.
You can make it at very low cost yourself by following this simple recipe:
• 1 cup of Torula or Brewers Yeast powder
• 1 cup of Lecithin granules
• 1 cup of Kelp powder or granules
Combine ingredients and store in the fridge in an airtight container
How much to feed
• Small dogs – 1 to 2 teaspoons a day mixed into their food
• Medium dogs – 2 to 3 teaspoons a day mixed into their food
• Large dogs – 1 to 2 tablespoons a day mixed into their food
Why these ingredients?
Brewer’s or Torula Yeast
Yeast is a rich source of natural vitamin B-complex and trace minerals.
Note: occasionally dogs are allergic to Brewer’s Yeast. If your dog starts to scratch after receiving Brewers yeast supplement either switch to Torula yeast, or use a yeast-free multi B supplement tablet instead.
Kelp is a type of seaweed and is a rich source of iodine and other essential trace elements, minerals and vitamins, particularly the B group. As a calcium source, kelp helps properly balance the calcium:phosphorus ratio in the BARF diet.
Lecithin helps your dog to emulsify and absorb fats, improving the condition of its coat and digestion, lowering cholesterol (which is sometimes high in even healthy Miniature Schnauzers), aids the nervous, digestive and immune systems, boosts liver function, and protects against the development of diabetes.