- Maestro our beautiful boy.
- Line Breeding Dogs … Why Dog Breeding Genetics Say Not To!
- Liver Shunt in Dogs – Inherited Miniature Schnauzer Health Problems
- Girl Dog Names and Boy Dog Names Perfect for Miniature Schnauzers.
- Great dog
- Guinness Turns One!
- Happiness is a Mini Schnauzer!
- Harley aka The Stink & Roxy Girl
- Herschel the Intelligent Schnauzer
- House Training A Dog: Dog Crate Training and Dog Potty Training
- Hula and Henry
- In memory of Dutch
- In Diet Supplement for Dog – How and Why To Make Your Own
- In Home Dog Training. Dog Training Techniques, Tips and Resources.
- Miniature Schnauzer Australia. THE Place for Miniature Schnauzers Info, Supplies
- Is a schnauzer ok in a unit?
- Isn’t he lovely?
- Jasper is a Cool Surfer Dude
- Katie the card
- Keira is 6 months old!
- Lala is Naughty and Nice :)
- Latest on Basil
- Lexie – The Cleverest Schnauzer Puppy
- Life With Markus
- Genetics of Dog Breeding
- Funny Dog Videos Starring the Miniature Schnauzer!
- Funny Puppies. Funny Miniature Schnauzer Puppy Videos!
- Gemma at 2 Years Old
- Funny Dog Video Set Starring the Cleverest Miniature Schnauzers
- Funny Dog Video Clip Gallery!
- Flurry Girl Talking
- Free Basic Dog Training Tips Online Free Dog Training Information
- Fletcher’s Journey
- Fletcher & Milly
- Black Miniature Schnauzer: When Black Miniature Schnauzers Ain’t Black!
- Bonnie Girly our best friend
- Boomer’s color
- Breeding Cycle Dog Facts. The Dog Breeding Heat Cycle.
- Canine Artificial Insemination: A Dog Breeding Problems Solution
- Canine Diabetes Symptoms, Types, Prevention and Treatment
- Cataracts in Dogs
- Chase the Kibble
- Chief and Scout
- Chilli is Hot Stuff!
- Confetti Schnauzer of America | Hotchkiss Colorado
- Contact Miniature-Schnauzer-Australia.com
- Daisy and Kelsey
- Dancing Dog Video Starring Nimble Mini Schnauzers!
- Delightful Little Peppa
- Dog Breed Selection. Choosing the Right Puppy for Your Situation.
- Dog Breeding Business. Dog Breeding Guide. Dog Breeding for Beginners
- Dog Breeding Contract – at Sale and at Stud.
- Dog Breeding for Profit – Dog Breeding Guide
- Dog Breeding Gestation and the Dog Breeding Process
- Dog Breeding Guide. Dog Breeding Questions for Beginners.
- Dog Breeding Information. Dog Breeding Guide for Beginners.
- Dog Breeding Video and Information on Breeding Dog Mating
- Dog Giving Birth – Graphic Educational Whelping DVD
- Which Dog Hair Clippers are Best?
- Dog Health Nutrition. Canine Nutrition the Natural Way.
- Dog Health Problems and Solutions in the Miniature Schnauzer
- Using Dog Nail Clippers for Trimming Dog Nails
- Dog Obedience Video. Dog Training Download Video and Book Sets.
- Dog Whelping Signs: How to Recognize the Signs of Whelping.
- Drinking Problem
- Ella the Cuddly Schnauzer
- Feeding Newborn Puppies
- Big Boy Basil
- Beautiful Basil!
- Barking Dog Video Starring Miniature Schnauzers!
- Bama loves to ride
- Albi Update
- Albi the Schnauzer puppy’s first days in his new home
- A Hairy Problem!
- BARF Diet vs Commercial Dog Health Nutrition. Who is Right?
- Best Dog Breeds and Worst Dog Breeds
- Be part of Progressive Retinal Atrophy Research!
- BARF Diet for Dogs – How to Make Your Own
- Male or Female Dog? How to Choose.
- Markus at 4 months old
- Matrix from New York, USA
- Meet Sienna
- Minature Schnauzer Lovers Forum
- Mini Schnauzer History: Origins of the Miniature Schnauzer Breed.
- Mini Schnauzer Breeders – Our Team of Purebred Puppy Parents.
- Mini Schnauzer Grooming Tips for Pets
- Mini Schnauzer Pictures. Past Litters Schnauzer Puppy Pictures.
- Mini Schnauzers Stories Forum
- Miniature Schnauzer Breed Info: The Miniature Schnauzer Personality.
- Miniature Schnauzer Breeder in Perth, WA, Australia
- Miniature Schnauzer Colors. The Parti and Chocolate Schnauzer.
- Miniature Schnauzer Photos
- Miniature Schnauzer Puppies for Sale: Perth, WA, Australia
- Miniature Schnauzers. Enter the Exciting World of Mini Schnauzer Dogs!
- Misty Grace Experiencing Life
- Monty – What a joy he is!
- MY BABY SCHNAUZER BOOBOO!!!
- My Mini Schnauzer Max looking very smart!
- My mini Schnauzer
- Natural Born Killer!
- Natural Flea Killer and Home Remedy for Fleas
- Newborn Puppy Care Guide
- Normal Behavior?
- Nutrition for Your Dog: Dangers of Commercial Dog Food Nutrition.
- Oscar and Indie Update
- Oscar and Indie!
- Our little girl “Ruby”
- Our Mini Schnauzer Betsie
- Own a Colour for your Doggie and save a Child’s Life
- Pancreatitis in Dogs. Schnauzer Health Problems: Canine Pancreatitis
- Pepper’s Puppy Graduation
- Cutest Pictures of Schnauzers.
- Pippa the poser
- Playful Connie the Schnauzer Pup
- Progressive Retinal Atrophy – Schnauzer Health Problems
- Red Salt & Pepper/ Liver & Tan Standard Schauzer!
- Rescue Schnauzer’s Mama
- RIP Our Cassie
- Ruby roooooooo!
- Salt and Pepper Miniature Schnauzer Colors Explained
- Schnauzer Personality Change
- Schnauzer skin issues
- Schnauzer Bumps. Information on Schnauzer Comedone Syndrome.
- Schnauzer Gifts. Shop for Schnauzer Items here
- Schnauzer Pictures. Miniature Schnauzer Photos. Pictures of Schnauzers.
- Mini Schnauzer Puppy Pictures of Schnauzers as Babies!
- Selective Dog Breeding Information and Dog Breeding Guide
- Should We Get a Friend for Sarge?
- Shy Sophie
- Sirk Vom Stricker
- Smart Little Sally
- Sophie & Marley
- Success! Treatment for Schnauzer Bumps
- Summertime Sienna
- Sweet Phebe the Schnauzer
- Talking Dog Video Set Starring Miniature Schnauzers
- Teacup Schnauzers
- The Flintstone Family
- Timing for Dog Breeding is so Important!
- Toy Miniature Schnauzers
- Toy Schnauzer, Teacup Schnauzers or Miniature Schnauzers? Size Matters!
- Update on Sienna
- What a Difference a Haircut Can Make!
- What Could be Better than Owning A Schnauzer? Owning TWO!
- What Could be Cuter than Me?
- What is BOOMER’s color?
- Whelping Puppies. How to Midwife a Dog Giving Birth.
- White Chocolate “Flurry” Sensation
- Black to White Miniature Schnauzer Colors and All In Between!
- The White Schnauzer: When White Miniature Schnauzers Ain’t White!
- Why is my Black Schnauzer Going Chocolatey/Reddish?
- Winston’s and Baxter’s Mom from Tennessee
- Xena- the mini shnauzer
- Yoda the Schnauzer is the Apple of Our Eye
- *WP Mobile Edition (Contact)
- *WP Mobile Edition (Blog Index)
Mini Schnauzer Grooming Tips for Pets
Mini Schnauzer Grooming
and Schnauzer Cut:
Tips for Pets
Interested in tips for Miniature Schnauzer grooming from a Mini Schnauzer grooming salon professional?
Our grooming a schnauzer video shows how to transform a scruffy farm schnauzer into a handsome prince! We also have a Schnauzer hair cut chart to help you to do it yourself at home.
Start with the RIGHT EQUIPMENT
Here’s How to Select:
• The best dog clippers for the job.
• The right set of dog nail clippers.
Grooming the Schnauzer – How Often?
To keep your dog looking great, clipping and grooming a miniature schnauzer is recommended every 6 weeks.
However, in winter you may elect to skip one schnauzer cut and perhaps just trim around the bottom instead.
And to maintain your dog’s appearance in between clips, you need to brush the coat regularly (see a video of the best way to do this at the bottom of this page).
DIY Mini Schnauzer Grooming
Doing your own schnauzer cut isn’t difficult at all.
To make the job easy you do need to invest in the best dog clippers (Wahl, Andis or Oster pet clippers) which will cost you a couple of hundred dollars but last for years and reliably breeze through any coat.
However, over the life of your dog this investment will repay itself over and over again, and save you a lot of money.
And you will enjoy the convenience of being able to do your own schnauzer hair cut and groom at home rather than have to leave your dog at the salon several times a year.
Is Your Schnauzer a Ruffian?
The Mini Schnauzer was originally bred for farm and stable, and that’s exactly the sort of life they lead on our property.
From a schnauzer’s point of view, romping around the paddocks, wading in dams, and fossicking about in the shed for vermin is heaven, but it sure is bad news for their coat!
Here our professional dog groomer Anne takes on the challenge to transform a rough farm schnauzer into a handsome example of the breed.
Recommended Grooming Services
• If you live in the South West of Western Australia, we recommend Anne’s Dog Grooming Service in CAPEL (telephone 0405 455 326). She is a busy lady, so please only call her for appointments, not free advice.
DIY Mini Schnauzer Grooming DVD
Grooming a miniature schnauzer whose coat has been perfectly maintained since the last schnauzer hair cut is something any fool can do. But what about grooming a schnauzer who is a mess?
A great investment at only $39.95AUD.
If you want to see how to go about grooming a schnauzer that is full of knots and felted tangles, our full DVD has all the dog grooming instruction and tips you need to do the job with a minimum of fuss and end up with a great result.
This dog grooming dvd comprises over 95 minutes of Mini Schnauzer grooming know how!
It’s dog grooming az the easy way, and clearly demonstrates:
• A simple technique to help the fearful dog that will make sedating a dog for grooming a thing of the past.
• The pro dog grooming supplies to get to make every aspect of mini schnauzer grooming a breeze.
• Dog nail grooming and a simple home remedy to stop bleeding.
• What clipper blade sizes to use for each job.
• Tips to longer lasting blades.
• An easy trick for making your schnauzer cut last longer.
• 4 clever strategies to make tangles easier to remove.
• How to bust felted knots without spoiling the finished look of your dog.
• Scissoring techniques for that professional look.
• The embarrassing mistake most groomers make when grooming schnauzer bottoms!
• Trimming the feet for good looks and a cleaner house!
• A salon trick for plucking schnauzer ears without the risk of hurting your dog.
This 1 ½ hour DVD will play on all computers, playstations and DVD players.
A great investment at only $39.95AUD.
About Anne, Our Professional Dog Groomer
Anne has been a professional dog groomer for 8 years. She trained and worked in a salon in the US where the breed is very popular and has thousands of hours experience Mini Schnauzer grooming. This lady knows her stuff!
Note: These dog grooming instructions are perfect for the pet Schnauzer ONLY. Believe it or not, Schnauzers must be plucked for the show ring… ouch!
Grooming a Schnauzer Between Clips
If you are like most owners and prefer to have your miniature schnauzer grooming done by a professional, then you still need to take care of its coat between trips to the salon.
Here are some free dog grooming tips for keeping your Mini Schnauzer’s coat looking good: